Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Over Night Retrit (NOT)

Last night was my sleep test. After having a hard time finding the place, I arrived at the sleep center and it was very creepy. I really had a feeling that I was on Candid Camera because it was just in the basement of a physical therapist office. The tech comes out and introduces himself. He took me to my room. It was small and cute, but I was still creeped out because I see no other staff. I sat in my room for a hour, that was making me mad, because I could have given Morgan another feeding if I would have been home that extra hour. The tech was having a hard time with the other patient. She was very elderly and really nervous about having to pee in the night, she was tripping out big time. He then got her calm and told her good night, he shut her door and went to the office to get my stuff ready. All of a sudden I hear the woman screaming "help me, I can't breath, oh help, help, help!!!" The tech runs to her room and she continues to freak out, he tries to put oxygen on her, but she is so distraught that she wouldn't let him. What do I do? Well... I went in the room and got in bed with this 85+ year old woman, grabbed her hand and started rubbing and patting her telling her everything was going to be OK. I also talked her into having the oxygen, explaining to her how I sleep with it every night and how good it makes you feel. She calmed down, the tech called her daughter to come and get her and I told her I was going back to my room and removed my hand from hers, she grabbed my had and said "please stay, you are the nurse I want tonight, if you stay I will be OK" I explained to her that I was a patient just like her. She felt so embarrassed and started to cry. After reassuring her it was just fine I went to my room. 2 hours later I get all hooked up to my stuff. It was a long wait due to only having one person on staff and the problem with the lady. So instead of making me go to bed at 11 he let me stay up until 11:45 and I picked a DVD to watch and of course I picked Meet the Fockers. I could not fall asleep, I even took 2 tylenol pm as recommended. So all that drama, money and inconvenience for me to only sleep like an hour. So I didn't even get the entire test completed. Now I have to wait to see what my Dr. recommends. Ivan did a great job with Morgan, she was up crying from 3:00 to 5:30 am, I feel so bad for her, but she lived and all is well at home. I arrived home about 6:30 and went to bed. I snuck my camera in and boy do I need a smaller, less noisy camera. (hint to Ivan for Christmas)

My Bed
The TV and the camera that would be watching me sleep (creepy)
The machines
Me freaking out, big time!
Me all hooked up, now you can see why I couldn't sleep. I had wires in my hair, face, neck, chest, arms, legs just everyp place.
1. Memory foam pillows and mattress at home
2. Watching a cool movie while the kids napped
3. Dinner at Bryce and Renee's, yummy!

10 comments:

McKoy said...

oh you poor thing! I dont see how you could possibly sleep with all of that on that was so sweet of you to calm the lady down, at least this makes you thankful for the sleep that you do get all 2 hours lol at home with morgan!

Anonymous said...

I"m so sorry sistah K.... hugs and all that mushy stuff ngw.

Anonymous said...

Karo-syrup, we love you so much! When are you and Gail going to move to Dallas and spend every waking moment with me? You know your sistahs-from-other-mistahs treat you best.
And I would totally video you while you slept... :o Haha.

And the only time it's okay for cousins to date is when it's Janika and her future husband, Ashton!

MWAH!
M.
xx
(Oh, and the other M. He says hi, too.)

Unknown said...

I can't believe that they took a picture of you! How did you sleep with all of that stuff on?

I like the new look around here. I could get comfy! Perhaps that was the key - you thought about your happy space here and quickly went to sleep.

Anonymous said...

There is no way I could sleep all wired up like that either lol. I hope you get all the results you are looking for my dearest friend. You know I'm here for you if you need me...(((big hugs)))

Karolynn said...

Merryn, I need to come to Dallas! Amber said she would come visit too. My brother is living in Watauga, Texas he said it was in the DFW area so I really need to come.

Melinda, Congrats on your marriage you to are the hottest looking couple ever! Your new last name is sexy too!

McKoy, being up with Morgan is way more fun!

Gail, Move to Utah vibes coming you way!!

Karolynn said...

Merryn, I need to come to Dallas! Amber said she would come visit too. My brother is living in Watauga, Texas he said it was in the DFW area so I really need to come.

Melinda, Congrats on your marriage you to are the hottest looking couple ever! Your new last name is sexy too!

McKoy, being up with Morgan is way more fun!

Gail, Move to Utah vibes coming you way!!

Anonymous said...

My gosh! Watauga is right near us! (Well, around 20 mins away...) We used to have friends living there.

No, you shouldn't come to VISIT, you should MOVE here, and then GAIL would move here, too.

:D

You really, really, REALLY need to come and visit me! I need a hug!

Anonymous said...

The Test is just as awful as it looks but if you have the problem it can help to make you feel better. Poor Morgan to have to be with out her Mom to feed her at night. Hope youndon't have to repeat the test.

Anonymous said...

Well it coulld be worse, I am sure I'll find something

 

Made by