Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy 70th Birthday, Dad!

My dad’s the biggest guy, and my dad’s the strongest guy, and my dad’s the nicest guy of any guy in town.
He can do anything, he’ll fix your bike or fly your kite, cause my dad, my dad’s the greatest guy around.
He can throw a ball so high you think it’s going to break the sky; he knows the name of every kind of jet (vrooooooom);
He can add up any sum; he always has money for bubble gum. I haven’t figured how he does it yet.
But, my dad’s the smartest guy, and my dad’s the bravest guy, and my dad’s the neatest guy. It’s positively so.
Maybe I’ll introduce you, then you’ll know that it’s the truth that my dad, my dad’s the greatest guy you know!


Remember this Janeen Brady song? I sure do, I sang it with a lot of pride because I truly believed that this song was written for my Dad! My Dad has lived such a wonderful and proud life. He has worked so hard for his family and his country. He has always adored me and my Mother. Never once have I felt he didn't love me. At times he had 3 jobs to make sure we had the very best of everything. Growing up, I never felt deprived of him working so much because he always found time for me, whether it was going for ice cream, swimming, bowling, roller skating, ice skating, jazz games or even working with him at the gas station. Happy birthday Dad... You are such an inspiration to me and everyone who knows you. I love you!

Do you remember all the Janeen Brady songs? My favorite was "I'm a Mormon.
Did the lying song make you feel guilty? It sure made me feel bad.
Do you know my Dad?
Don't you just love him? I sure do!

8 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

I'm a Mormon yes I am...I'm nearly 8 years old guess what happens when I'm 8 years old...Grandma and Grandpa are going away on a mission..oh my goodness I still have the piano book version..and I sing it to my kids..I Love it!!

Your Dad is an amazing man. I so appreciate the tenderness that you show and have for him. My sista from anotha mista..and a wonderful one at that!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kari Sweeten said...

Oh my heck! I totally remember singing all those songs. I wonder if I can find the music for my kids.

Straight to Your Hart said...

Breakfast was so fun..GBO or GMO it could be called...Here's to first Sat!! Love you...

McKoy said...

I think my dad looks so much like him Granda is so amaing hes the nicest guy and hes real funny too! we love him!

Merryn said...

Happy Birthday, Karo's Dad! Since we're adopted sisters, he feels like family already, and I almost cried reading your post!

How great is it, to feel so much for such a wonderful person! I know, because I feel the same way about my own Dad!

Love and hugs!

Anonymous said...

You are such a lucky, lucky gal to have the parents you do. I'm so proud to know them well and to be your sweet Mom's visiting teacher. Your dad is truly a wonderful man and I hope his birthday is one to remember! I look forward to your mom's blog about it!

Donna said...

That is such a nice tribute to your dad. And I love these photo collages you do, too.

Straight to Your Hart said...

You've been tagged..go check out my blog..smoochies!!

 

Made by