Friday, September 19, 2008

Photo Story Friday.....

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

This is my medical bills for this month. Every month I get horrible bills in the mail from doctor offices. Let me tell you, they are all wrong. Today is the day that I set aside for getting them all straightened out. I worked many, many years doing medical billing and boy has this paid off for my family. Most people blindly pay these bills. Even my insurance company said I owed $520.00 that I didn't owe. After review today, they agreed to pay it. ARGGGG! So today I spent 2 hours on the phone and saved $564.22. Just a little rule of thumb... If your bill is over your normal copay, and you have met your yearly deductible.....DO NOT pay the bill without extensive research. Call the insurance company first, then the Doctors office. You will be amazed how many times you do not owe the bill. If you need help, please feel free to ask me for assistance.

******************************************************************************

1. Carter's doing better today

2. Napping baby

3. Stephanie training me to do medical billing (she is amazing and a great friend too)

4. Breakfast with Mel and Sarah (thanks for letting us know abut photo Friday too)

5. It's Friday! I love Friday's

12 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

You made my day sexy..grrrarr!! I'm so glad the bills got clear..so when we goin out again?!

Killlashandra said...

That is such excellent advice. Good for you for doing the leg work to save the money. We switched insurance right after the birth of my son who was still in the NICU. The hospital was sending us $30,000 bills for his stay. It was way outrageous! Never paid it mind you. ;)

stefanie said...

Ew, I just spent the last couple of hours working on bills. And I agree, if you have a question, call for an explanation. It's a great hourly wage that you made by not paying the bill and getting the charges removed!

We used to live in SLC!

Thanks for visiting my blog...

Wendy said...

Great advice. I had one that the doctors office was just now billing from last October. I called and the diagnosis code was nonspecific and not covered. I called the doctor and told her that I did know there was good reason for the lab tests and that surely there was a more specific code they could refile. They are doing it and I a so glad!

imbeingheldhostage said...

People pay a lot of bills blindly-- this is a great PSF! (And your Whitney--previous post-- is gorgeous!)

Shannon said...

I don't have any medical billing experience but having been a financial analyst, I had to do the same...pour over every bill. When I was in the hospital with my twins for a month and then they spent a month in the NICU, you can only imagine the bills we racked up.

This is great advice and you are so kind to be willing to help others with it. Good work!

McKoy said...

its a good thing I dont have to worry bout that

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

It is great that you have the talent of working all those years in the Medical field. Thanks you for the offer to help family and friends with their problems.

Holly said...

I HATE medical bills! I feel so bad for our patients who have to deal with thousands and thousands sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars. I will bring my medical bills over to you and you can figure out mine :)

I saw Whit at Lagoon today...she is just lovely!

Karolynn said...

Holly, I am glad you saw Whit! Did you see the cute boy she was with? Ohhh la la! To be young again... Sigh...

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

You are so wise. Especially on the (a) checking of medical bills and (b) appreciating FRIDAYs!

Chris said...

Wow! Thanks for the advice. I wish I'd read that years ago. Two premature babies were expensive.

 

Made by