Monday, November 24, 2008

Birthday fun.

On Morgan's birthday, my friend Melanie and her cute kids came over and brought her some darling clothes and a cute dog toy. We bought her a little cake and took her to Carl's Jr. for dinner. She loves to play in the kid area!

This is Janika's friend party. She had a play-doh party. I made a ton of play-dough for the occasion (I have an awesome recipe for that stuff). She had 19 friends attended, so with my kids that made 22 little kids. They all seemed to have a blast. Janika got some awesome gifts, people around here are really generous.

Sunday, was Janika's official birthday, so we had a family dinner party for my 2 November girls. I fed 27 people. We had sloppy Joe's, chips, pasta salad, cherry pie filling salad and pistachio salad, I was cooking all morning. My mom brought her most amazing secret recipe cheese balls too. MMMMM! Morgan and Janika got some lovely gifts and had a really great time. Ivan and I are tired!

This is the cake. Red Velvet Cake.... Have you ever had one of these babies? I am not talking about the ones that you buy at the store, or the cake mix, or the ones you get in cupcake form at the Golden Corral. I am talking about a true homemade southern red velvet cake. This cake number 2, the first one was so beautiful and perfect, but we ate it before I thought about taking a photo. Do you want a slice? I still have half of it, better hurry! Michaels babysitter in NC introduced this cake to us and we used to pay her to make them for us. Now I can make them all on my own, now that I have time for it.

I had to report on Janika's beloved cupcake maker. What a joke! Seriously, the frosting thing doesn't even work. She absolutely loves it and never questioned why her cupcake didn't turn out like the one on the box. I learned that anything looks good with some sprinkles on it. Perhaps I will sprinkle myself.
That was our birthday fun, in short version. Can't wait for my turn in January!

9 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

Sprinkle on baby...delic!! Love all the pics and so glad you did that for your kids...so good you are.

I found this site and this post stood out...http://tinyurl.com/69bgpo .. Loves

Kari Sweeten said...

Savannah wants that cupcake maker from Santa. So glad you shared your review-I will try to talk her into getting something else. Looks like Janika had a fun birthday!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

What a fun filled couple of days for your family!! I know it was a lot of work but we all really enjoyed the girls party they were so cute. They sure liked their presents and seemed happy with the evening.Red Velvet cake was the greatest. Thanks for having such a fun PARTY!!

McKoy said...

Things were kind of crazy just with how many people were there. It was really really fun and Janika and Morgan got some AmAzInG presents



WOw! i bet you found playdoh EVERYWHERE!!! too bad about the cupcake thing... LOVE YA!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Sorry you are not feeling well and sorry if my PHONE was busy when you called so I could help-JK LOL!!!

I have been a headless case this week...So busy I now have a head cold..What the H??!!

Do you want me to come get the kids??Dinner?? My afternoon is going to be freed up...phew...so I would love to come help!!

Love you and hope your day is better..can you slip me some of your happy meds??!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Love you and the family..

Linda said...

Cute blog. I can still remember when she was born. That is amazing for me to be able to remember something soooo long ago! And that cake.....I want to know more about it. It looks yummy and beautiful!! What makes it red?? Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Straight to Your Hart said...

Love the new look...and Loved to hear from you today!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Breakfast was so nice..because I got to see you!!

Brynn loves the pictures!!

 

Made by