Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pee wee baby, pee!

Morgan was taken to the Instacare last night due to having a fever for 2 days and being very cranky. They ruled out the normal viral crap and her ears and throat looked great. They are thinking she has an UTI. How do they test for this? With a urine sample. How do they get a urine sample from a baby? With a catheter. I asked all the freaked out mom questions, most important, is it going to hurt? I was told no. Well after her screaming for 40 minutes, 3 of us holding her down. I said we are done! So they put a bag on her little self and we waited and waited and waited, no pee. Then I nursed her, they gave her apple juice and still no pee. The nurse did a pee dance and I sang songs adding the word pee in places, still no pee. 2 hours later we were sent home with the bag still taped to her special spot. I was to go home, take the pee from the bag, place it in the sample cup they gave me, put it in the fridge (preferably not next to Carter's sippy cup of apple juice) and return the sample in the morning. 11pm no pee, 3am no pee, 5am PEE!!! Only problem is the bag came off on one part and all the pee went into the diaper. So I decided to leave the poor thing alone. Now I am off to try again. Wish us luck!

This is what the bag looks like, incase you were wondering.

5 comments:

patsy said...

Ya- I've had to do that before... I can't remember who- I'm getting to old I guess.
It's tough being a girl! Poor little morgan- but hey- no catheter is a good thing!

Straight to Your Hart said...

K-had NO idea having the bathroom remodeled would be so D%$# hard!! My head was already in the gutter..now??

So sorry miss Morgie is not feeling well...I remember those days with my girls..wait even myself! Try a cranberry juice mix for her to drink...it did help when it happened to the girls as well as myself. If it is toooo strong dilute it with water or 7-up..sorry I know bad but it did work!!

Anonymous said...

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O Q R S T U V W X Y Z!

Where's the P?

Um where?!?! Use a catheter!! It won't fit!! Give her lots of juice, baby! Any P yet? No. Okay here's a bag. Dang, The bag was on wrong! This is just horrible!

Donna said...

OH my gosh, what a nightmare! Poor thing! (I mean her AND you.) It's so hard when kids get sick and have to be tested. I'm glad you were able to eventually get some pee and that she doesn't have a UTI!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I feel bad for Morgan she has not felt well for several days I was hoping they would be able to help her.I remember all this when I was raising five kids.Let hope she will be better soon

 

Made by