Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wingers and Police


Well we were trying to have a family dinner at Wingers in Bountiful. Carter had a melt down because the waitress put the popcorn bowel in front of him and we all started eating it. It is just one of those autistic meltdowns. To make a long story short Ivan took him out side so he could scream it out and a police man arrived to see what was going on. Ivan said he was very nice and understanding. Carter was not impressed with the cop and didn't want the sticker he offered, he just continued screaming. I knew this would happen eventually and I am sure it will not be the last time. Just a note to all people. Do not assume that when a child is screaming that the parents are abusing them. Open your eyes, you can clearly see Ivan trying to comfort him and loving him. Duhhh, they may just be autistic or even just naughty. Instead of calling the cops, ask if you can help in any way. I am going to get a shirt made up for Carter that says "I am Autistic, don't call the cops on my sweet, loving and kind parents, give them a hug!" I am sick of dirty looks and rude comments this just tops the list!


Let us be more concerned with the sexual predators in our area. Gosh I looked it up today and I found about 5 more people then the last time I checked. Freak me out! http://www.udc.state.ut.us/asp-bin/sexoffendersearchform.asp

8 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

I'm surprised with all the melt-downs I have the cops haven't been called...Oh wait they have!!! I love ya my sweet, beautiful sista from anotha mista!! WoooOOWooOO, how do you like them sirens........

Karolynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karolynn said...

Melanie,
You only get the cops called when you are trying to have fun. You are such a sweet person! Thanks for helping me through this thing called life.

Karolynn

Anonymous said...

Karolynn,
I am so sorry about your night out! Ugh! How frustrating! Again I will say to people....DONT JUDGE...YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE ANYONE ELSE IS OR WHAT THEIR PROBLEMS ARE!
You are a great person and a great mom!

Merryn said...

Karolynn, I wish I could've been there. I would've turned that restaurant inside out until I found the darn cell phone with the police number as a dialed call... GRRR!!!

Love ya, sweets.

Straight to Your Hart said...

Hey girlfriend...Last night was over 59 mins....Love it long time!!!LOL..Love you, Mel

Karolynn said...

Melanie,
Yes today was over 59 minutes too! How can you stand all that screaming? I love you for it. You are my daily fix for sure!

Richard Kemple said...

Love you Karolynn. What a neat site
Dad

 

Made by