Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let go of me lucky charms...

Happy St. Patrick’s Day! This is not a holiday that I get too excited about. This year I woke up and decided it wouldn't kill me to make things special for the kids. They are only kids once Right? Right? Right? Right? (I love you Ivan).












Janika took one look at these pancakes and said, "A leprechaun has turned our food green". It wasn't my intention to deceive her, but it was so cute and she was so excited that I had to go along with it.
I put a drop of food coloring into the glasses so that when I poured the milk it turned from White to green. This got Carter very excited. Janika thinks it is pure magic. She tried pouring her own glass after school and was wondering why it didn't work for her (hehe).












Look at the cute things the kids made at school!











We went to Dick's (I hate that word and am so thankful my Dad goes by Richard now) for some cupcakes.


I had to put this photo of Whitney on because she gets all emotional if I leave her out of a post. Isn't she beautiful?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the heck!?!?! i've never said ANYTHING about you leaving me off of a post. i have to pee

Karolynn said...

Whitney, lies all lies...

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

So glad that you made the day special for the kids they will never forget the many fun things that you do for them. Dad wore a green shirt and we had tacos at Rubios usually it is corn beef and cabbage.Maybe next year!!

John and Misty said...

You are the cutest mom! You do such fun things with your kids. Bryce had a green shirt all picked out and then decided he wanted a different color instead. He started freaking out when I told him he might get pinched if he didn't wear green... Needless to say, that was the start and end of our St. Patty's day celebrating. I guess there's always next year.

McKoy said...

I love this post so much! sorry I havn't commented forever! I have been out of the blogging world untill last night! Love ya!!! We are most likely coming up on Sunday! See ya then!

Donna said...

Those are great ideas for St. Patty's Day. I didn't do anything this year except wear a green shirt. I'll have to make up for it next year. I especially like the green milk idea--so easy and fun!

Richard Kemple said...

Great post you are such a great mother.Looked like a fun day

Straight to Your Hart said...

So..does it come out the same color it went in?? A little eary to be talking potty..sheesh..

You are my lucky charm...swak..and BIG hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Your template looks cute! I don't see how its messed up even one bit! I loved how you made Saint Patrick's day fun for the kids. Love you!

McKoy said...

Hey oh my gosh this is my favorite template you have ever made! WOW its CUTE!


Ok guess what!!!! SUPER EXCITING NEWS!!! I'm going on a CRUISE!

All five of us are going!! Plus my grandma and grandpa and aunt laurie and my uncle conn and uncle daren!!!

Its gonna be fantastic!

feel bad about not going to Kennedy's party it was a week after her b-day!!!
I cant wait to see Morgan!!!!!!!!!!

 

Made by