Friday, January 16, 2009

Whitneys Night, 50's Style

I really want to make this post about me because I spent a couple of years working with all the young women in our ward and being released from my calling has been really sad for me. It really hit me hard at New Beginnings on Wednesday night. It was my project that I didn't get to follow through on. I thought it would be nice to sit back and relax, but it felt odd not helping. I was also amazed how fast the girls moved on. Only a month ago I would walk into the room and they would all come up to me, hug me, hang around me or ever scream for me. Nothing like that on this night. Only 1 girl even spoke to me. It just saddened me a bit, but it was also good for me because now I can completely let it go and move forward in my new calling in Relief Society.

Ok about Whitney. She is just so dang cute! One of her sweet leaders loaned her the clothes. The night was just so great, the leaders and all the girls did such an amazing job putting it all together and Whitney gave a cute talk about personal progress. During the little dance they did Whitney totally hammed it up to be funny. Here are the photos I took of her.



I love being her mom!

4 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Whitney looks so cute in her poodle skirt. These picture of her took me back to 1958 when I was her age madly in love and engaged to be married. We were married at are 17 and 19. Oh to be young again!!

Linda said...

Whitney did such a good job on her talk, and I think that she is a fantastic performer and dancer!!!
You're right, she is so dang cute. I love her. and I love you, too.

Donna said...

That sounds like it was a great New Beginnings. Your daughter looks like she's so talented and so much fun. And I know what you mean about callings. I was just released from Primary after being there for 2-1/2 years, and I miss the kids from my class so much! They move on much easier and faster than we adults seem to. :)

Straight to Your Hart said...

She is a doll...Loved watching her be funny, sweet and a leader..smoochies! Love you

 

Made by