Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Whitney's Hospital Stay....

Whitney has been having major pains since August, but on Monday night something was very different. She was hurting so bad in her tummy and vomiting uncontrollably. The night before I had watched an episode of Lost and Jack had to get his appendix out. Whitney acted just like the guy in the show so my motherly instinct told me to take her into InstaCare.

This is Whitney at InstaCare after they ran all kinds of tests. She was trying to hold still and not freak out so much about the pain.

InstaCare sent us over to LDS hospital for a CT scan. The tech at the hospital didn't have the IV in her vein and when the dye went in it filled her arm up. It was really bad, so bad that they were going to admit her rather or not she had to get her appendix out. This is her arm after it had went down. I wished I would have been able to take a photo of it sooner, but you can still see that it is swollen.

Whitney after finding out that not only did she have appendicitis, she also had a large calcified gull stone. So it was a two for one special. At least we know why she had been having those pain episodes, dang gull stones.

This is my brave little girl on the way to the operating table.

She lived! This is her after and in good spirits (see my cute Dad).

I wished I could look this great after two surgeries.

She was spoiled with flowers.


A little sympathy for me please... This is the bed I slept on for two nights. I really didn't sleep much.

She had a lot of family visit. This is Freddy and Angie. Freddy is Whitney's cousin on the TreviƱo side.

Friends Danny, Kevin and Jessie.
Whitney's bestie Kourtney. She looks very concerned!
Time to go home! She came home today around 11:30 am. She is doing well and resting in her room. It just sucks to see your daughter in pain, but I am glad she is going to be ok.

The only good thing that came out of this entire ordeal is that my friend Melanie brought us a delicious dinner tonight and brought me a coke earlier in the day. What would we do without friends?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

POor Whitney. She is so pretty, love the picture beside the one with your dad in it!! (He looks like an awesome dad BTW!!) Glad she is home, hope she has a fast recovery poor girl!
Cindy

Marie said...

I hope Whitney gets feeling better..Let me know if you guys need anything!!

Kari Sweeten said...

I'm so glad Whitney is okay. That is so scary to be in that much pain. What a tough chic!

Donna said...

Wow, what an ordeal! I'm glad everything is okay now. She's lucky to have such supportive and caring family and friends to help her through it.

Anonymous said...

Shes such a trooper.. must take after her aunty gail tee hee... much love sweety xxxx

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Whitney gave us a real scare but we were so glad she had a good doctor to take care of things.She is also lucky to have a devoted Mother Karolynn would not leave her there in the hospital alone I tried to get her to leave but she stayed there to help with her care.We are so thankful for every one who has showed so much concern.

patsy said...

what in the world!!!!!???

holy crap - that is aweful- I just can't believe this & that I.V.dye in her arm?? I seriously cannot believe this!! man- what a week!
I am calling you tomorrow-

Straight to Your Hart said...

I was so sad to not be here when it all came down!! I'm also am so happy she is okay and wondering how the H she can look so good?!

Those are the best cokes anywhere...so glad you got me started..perfect timing..slurp, slurp!!

I love you my dear and hope you know I will be kidnapping you soon for a GNOut!!

John and Misty said...

Poor thing! She must have been in SO much pain! Glad she is home now and doing better. Bless you all!
Misty

Sherri said...

I am she did so well. That is not a fun thing to go through. Sorry she had to go through all the pain and recovery!

 

Made by