Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whitney's 18th Birthday

For Whitney's 18th birthday I took her skydiving! It was a long crazy day! We started off in West Jordan to drop the kids off to my parents house. Then off we went to Erda, UT to do the dive. We waited at the little airport in Erda for 3 hours before we were told that she would not be able to jump y because of the wind and we would need to reschedule. Whit was so sad she has seriously wanted to do this since she was 7 years old. I decided to go outside and call the Skydive Utah place in Ogden. I knew they were closed on Tuesday and Thursday's, but thought I would just call and see if they could help us. Guess what? They had a private group going up at 5:30 PM and said if we came they would fit her in. Wahoo! So I received a full refund and ran and picked up the kids and headed home. We arrived at home just in time to drop the kids off With Ivan and then make it to Ogden. Around 6:45 she headed off on her adventure.

This is Whitney and her tandem guy Sugi. He was so nice!

This is Whitney right before she jumped. No I did not take these photos. We paid extra (a lot extra) to have a camera guy go with her.

Yeah her parachute worked! It was a great day minus waiting around all day. We left at 10:40 AM and got home around 8:30 PM. Oh of course we stopped at Krispy Kreme on our way home.

3 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Wow! I can't believe how very brave Whitney is and to do this on her 18th birthday she won't ever forget this. The pictures are great and I love the video. Thanks for lunch the Wok is the best.

Melissa said...

What a Hottie -
Congratulation!!!!
Do you still have that natural high?
Don't make any major life decissions over the next few days. Love ya
Missy

Kari Sweeten said...

Whitney's an adult?! WOW!!
So cool that she has the guts to go skydiving! I'm such a chicken!

 

Made by